Why are credit unions a better choice?
When choosing a financial institution, not everyone is aware of the differences between banks and credit unions. Not only do you get more for your money, you’re making a choice to be a part of a family, as a member-owned, not-for-profit institution. Here are just a few of the benefits of unbanking:
- 76% of credit unions offer free checking for members
- 89% of credit union members favor credit unions over banks
- Checking accounts at credit unions are 32% cheaper than online accounts – the next best option, on average
- Top-rated customer service
- Credit unions saved U.S. members $9.3 billion in 2015
- Credit unions have members, not shareholders and customers
- More than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs with Co-op
We hear more every day about banking getting more expensive, impersonal, and complicated. At credit unions like us, you have a say as a member, no matter what your credit or balances look like. As a not-for-profit, earnings are returned to members through services like free ATMs, better rates, and lower fees. To learn more, visit https://www.cuna.org/.