5th Street ITM/ATM Not Available Through Weekend

The ATM/ITM at our 5th Street branch location is currently experiencing an outage and won’t be available until a repair technician can be onsite Monday, June 5th. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to restore full services to this machine.

Managing Debt

If you owe money you cannot repay, you need a plan. Do not ignore the problem. There are people who can help you.

Download Make A Budget Template (Word)   |    Download Make A Budget Template (PDF)

Where do I start?

  • Make a budget
    • Write down what you make and spend in a month
    • Look at where your money goes
    • Look for ways to save money
  • Call the companies where you owe money
    • Explain why you have trouble paying the bill
    • Ask for a plan to let you pay less each month
  • Get help from a credit counselor

How can I get help?

Look for a credit counselor who will meet you in person. Then ask questions. These questions will help you select a counselor:

  • What can you do to help me?
  • How much will I have to pay?
  • Do you have free education and information?
  • Are you licensed to work in my state?

Look for a credit counselor who can do the most for you. You might have to pay some money for help. But a good credit counselor will not ask you to pay in advance.

What do I do about calls from debt collectors?

When you talk to a debt collector:

  • Keep a notebook by your phone.
  • Ask: What is your name, company, address, and phone number? Write the date and time you talked.
  • Say: I will only talk when I get the written validation.
  • If the collector threatens you or uses bad language, hang up. He is breaking the law.
  • You can file a complaint about a debt collector by calling the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-382-4357.

When you get the validation notice:

  • The notice should list the “creditor.” The creditor is the person you owe money to. You can call the creditor to get more information.
  • If you do not think the debt is yours, it should tell you what to do next to question the debt.
  • If the debt is yours, make a plan for how to pay it.

If you want the collector to stop calling:

  • Write a letter to the debt collector. Tell him to stop calling you immediately. Send the letter by Certified Mail and ask for a “return receipt.” The law says he must stop calling you when he gets your request in writing.
  • If that debt collector still calls, Call the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-382-4357 and file a complaint.

Let's Get Started!


Are you applying for a mortgage loan?


Skip to content