It’s never too early to start investing.
Sound financial principles should be a family affair. Get your kids started with Kelly Community’s Kidicate. With as little as $100, members ages 16 and under can invest in a Kidicate and maximize their earnings.
How it works.
The Kelly Community Kidicate is a two-year Share Certificate with a special interest rate.
A Share Certificate is the credit union version of a Certificate of Deposit (CD) that a bank might issue. It lets members agree to set aside money for a specific amount of time in exchange for a higher interest rate.
These are the current requirements for our Kidicate Share Certificates:
- Social security number required
- Minimum deposit of $100
- Maximum deposit of $100,000
- Children 16 and under are eligible
- A penalty may be assessed for early withdrawal
- Our Kidicates run for a term of 24 months. They always earn 1% above our regular two year certificate rate.
A family-friendly credit union.
At Kelly Community, we put families first. We offer Youth Savings Accounts and Youth Checking Accounts in addition to our Kidicates. We’re committed to teaching the next generation sound financial principles, and helping families of all sizes get reasonable loan rates and great benefits.