The Kelly Community Scholarship for Volunteerism was created to honor our late Chairman of the Board, Merle Hinkle. Mr. Hinkle unselfishly volunteered at our credit union for over 34 years. He was a visionary leader that supported the credit union’s efforts to help the community, widen our membership base, and better protect our members’ assets and deposits. Mr. Hinkle embraced the credit union’s need to branch out to meet the needs of members and the community as a whole. Shortly before his death in April 2002, Mr. Hinkle helped secure the land that would eventually become the new 10,000 square foot main office on Grande Boulevard in Tyler. Many Kelly Community employees remember Mr. Hinkle as “a great man to work for that cared for credit union members and employees.”
2020 Kelly Community Scholarship
The scholarship application process for the 2020 Kelly Community Scholarship is now closed. Please check back with us in March of 2021 for the 2021 Kelly Community Scholarship application and instructions.
How to Apply
Scholarship Criteria & Requirements
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be a member in good standing of Kelly Community Federal Credit Union (KCFCU), and/or be related to an immediate family member in good standing at KCFCU. (Immediate family is defined as: spouse, father/mother, father-in-law/mother-in-law, sister/brother, sister-in-law/brother-in-law, son/daughter, step-parent, step-siblings, step-children, grandparent/spouse’s grandparent.) A minimum of 180 calendar days of KCFCU membership is required prior to date of application.
- All High School transcripts through the fall semester of the application year will be required with application. Home-schooled graduating seniors must provide an original, notarized copy of their transcript. Originals are required; copies are not acceptable.
- Applicant must plan to attend an accredited 4-year college or university or a 2-year accredited community college.
- Applicant will be judged based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Academic Achievement
- Community Involvement
- Letters of Recommendation
Congratulations to past scholarship recipients!
- 2020: Anna Wilt
- 2019: Emily Bynum and Julie Horchler
- 2018: Kaci Cummins and Colton Whitsell
- 2017: Caleb Wallace and Corban Sorrells
- 2016: Joanna Bartley
- 2016: Bree Bergbower
- 2015: Arielle Williams
- 2015: Sherra Diane Holt
- 2014: Cody Hutson
- 2014: Timothy Schmitt
- 2013: Andrea Youngblood
- 2013: Baylee C. Rozell
- 2012: Minta Spears
- 2012: Minta Cotton
- 2011: Hunter Walters
- 2011: Kirk Bryant
- 2010: Justin Payne
- 2009: Phillip Knowles
- 2008: Corey Cruz
- 2008: Michael Terrell
- 2007: Lauren Smith