Five Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day on a Budget
There’s nothing better than love…and sometimes there’s nothing more expensive too. But it doesn’t have to be that way! You can make this year’s Valentine’s Day a special, low-stress occasion with a just a little creativity.
Here are five ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day on a budget:
- Buy Cheaper Flowers – Flowers are flowers, so don’t lose money at a pricey florist when you can buy similar flowers at the grocery store. That special someone will still love the gift!
- Do Dinner at Home – Skip the reservation and $100 meal for two. Instead, buy some good ingredients, light some candles and make an amazing meal. Dip some strawberries in chocolate for dessert to up the savings (and the romance).
- Remember Your Love Story – Valentine’s Day is a great time to go through your old photo albums, drive to your favorite places and remember your journey. Throw in some cheap takeout or pizza, and you have a fun, emotional date.
- Go on a Coffee Date – Two cups of coffee usually aren’t more than $12, but the conversations you have with your date are worth so much more. It might even take you back to one of your first encounters…
- Give Homemade Presents – Diamond jewelry. Belgian chocolates. Nice, but far too expensive for a lot of people. Use that hidden poetry talent or those painting lessons to craft a more personal gift for little to no cost.
We hope these tips help you have a romantic day!