Tips for Successful Black Friday and Cyber Monday Savings
Happy Thanksgiving! Right now, you’re probably enjoying football, turkey, stuffing or whatever other holiday staples your family loves. Or maybe you’re already done feasting and slowly drifting into hibernation…but don’t pass out on the couch just yet.
You need to plan your Black Friday and Cyber Monday savings strategy first! Here are five tips for successful Black Friday and Cyber Monday savings.
1. Shop With Purpose – Rank items by importance and discount size. Ideally, you want to first get the items that are both highly important and highly discounted. A limited number of items may be available in store and online, so it’s important to prioritize what matters most.
2. Use the Buddy System – Going inside the store? Divide and conquer! Bring a friend to sweep a separate part of the store for deals before they disappear. You’ll effectively be in two places at once, and you can pay your friend back later.
3. Put Guardrails in Place – Seeing all those low prices makes it easy to buy things you don’t need, hiking up your costs and defeating the purpose of the deals. Set a Black Friday budget or Cyber Monday constraints to curb extra spending.
4. Know What to Buy – Not everything is worth buying (even if the price looks lower). For example, TVs and clothing are cheaper a couple days before Christmas. Toys, small technological devices and small home appliances have the largest sales on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
5. Price Check Everything – Your phone empowers you to find the cheapest options for the products you want. Don’t buy something the first time you see it in store or online. Instead, cross check the product’s prices on other websites. Use some diligence to secure the lowest possible price.
Hopefully you can use these tips to maximize your Black Friday and Cyber Monday savings as you buy gifts for family and friends. Happy shopping!