How much does your child or grandchild know about money management?
In a world of rising prices and student debt, this is an important question. Fox Business reported 87% of teens admit to having little knowledge of financial responsibility. Money expert Dave Ramsey recommends opening teen checking accounts to teach your teen and avoid financial problems down the line. If you aren’t sure where to start, we can help!
Our Youth Checking 101 Account offers your family solutions in line with the experts. The account is jointly owned by you and your 12 to 17 year old teen.
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No transaction fees for purchases
- No finance charges
Plus, your teens will get a $20 Amazon gift card* when they complete 20 purchase transactions with their debit card within 45 days of opening their Checking 101 account!
- Promotion is valid from July 1, 2023 through August 31, 2023
- This applies to NEW accounts opened for persons ages 12-17 years
- Member cannot have been a primary or joint on any other Kelly Community account within the past 180 days
- New member has 45 days from open date of their Checking 101 account to complete 20 purchase transactions
- A valid email address must be associated with the account at opening. (Email response verifying their email address must be received within 10 days, if not received, the gift card will be forfeited.)
- The gift card will be sent once the account has been opened for 90 days.
You can also use our CardControl “R” app to track your child’s spending, place spending limits or even deactivate their debit card.
You’re not alone when it comes to teaching your teen about money management. Help your teen open a youth checking account today!
*Teen Checking Amazon® Gift Card promotion is valid for accounts opened from July 1, 2023 through 11:59pm on August 31, 2023. This promotion applies to new accounts opened for individuals between the ages of 12-17 years of age and not a current account holder (as either a primary or joint) of an existing Kelly Community Federal Credit Union account for the previous 180 days. New member has 45 days from the open date of their Checking 101 account to complete 20 purchase transactions with their Checking 101 account debit card. The gift card will be sent once the account has been open for 90 days. A valid email address must be associated with the account so the gift card can be emailed. Membership eligibility required. Promotion subject to change without notice. Federally insured by NCUA.